Monday 5 December 2016

SELF INITIATED PROJECT 2

Context and Laser Cutting. 


  • Looking at what materials I wanted my design to be printed onto I felt that my prints would work better for women's accessories rather than womenswear clothing. 
  • I think my designs would work well on bags working with laser cut pieces as well as my print designs. 
  • Working with thicker materials such as denim, faux leathers and PVC. 
  • Including laser cut pieces into my work, I have played around with the idea of layering my prints underneath cut pieces. 
  • Having my prints on light weight materials that have a shine such as chiffon, organza and satin I feel works as a good contrast in materials with thick, dark denim and faux leather over lays.
  • Creating different design to laser cut I found that some of the designs where too small to let through any print. I re created some new, lager designs to laser cut that worked better together. 
  • Laser cutting worked better on thicker fabrics as the thicker materials such as chiffon where too delicate the the laser designs. 





No comments:

Post a Comment