Monday 12 December 2016

SELF INITIATED PROJECT 2

Development of Materials and Colour. 

  • I had my prints digitally printed on different fabrics that I felt were more suitable and durable to be used on bags. Rather that the thinner materials I was using I chose a blackout waterproof, crushed velour, suede and a velvet shimmer to print my designs onto. 
  • I felt these would be thicker materials that would work better in context and more appropriate fabric choices. 
  • Waterproof blackout and suede are my preferred fabrics overall, but I think the shine from the crushed velour and velvet shimmer works as a better contrasting material when layered with the leather materials.
  • After analysing all my samples I found that together as a collection the prints were all a bit too similar and there was a lot of the same colour blue. 
  • I felt some more colour could be added into the prints to brighten them up. Editing the brightness and colour of my prints I made them more vibrant and brighter with a wider range of blues including turquoise and a lot more orange added.
  • Also changing the scale of some print, enlarging the design to make a bolder print. 
  • Thinking about my prints in context, working on bags I feel a vibrant print would work as the inlining of a bag or been layered as a print, contrasting with black and navy leathers. 






No comments:

Post a Comment